Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A new taggie

Sam has a cousin that I've teased him for years doesn't really exist because I've never met her. This "imaginary" cousin just had a beautiful baby girl named Zoe Rose. I wanted to send her something, so I decided to make a crinkle taggie. I sewed some plastic to the inside therefore not only does it have all the different ribbon textures to rub between her fingers it also makes noise to entertain! It was definitely a learning process, and there are some things I will do differently next time I sew on plastic.  For example use a zig-zag stitch, but I like how it turned out. The back is a cream corduroy that I just adore. I went a bit more romantic than I usually would for a baby gift, but I wanted it to match her beautiful name! So, Eowyn, I hope to get to meet you some day and congratualtions on your sweet little girl.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brooke said...

So the big thing around her for babies is a taggie with their deployed family members picture on it. Daniel is on his way home now so I don't think we'll get one for her but maybe the next baby but I don't think I'm brave enough to make it haha