Monday, March 30, 2009

Baby Quilt

Ok, so those of you who watch my blog regularly, know that I usually post what I made in craft group on Wed or Thursday. Well, I took the pictures last week, but was slack about posting it. I found a fat quarter pack at Wal-Mart that I totally feel in love with! I decided that I would try my very first quilt. Let me just tell you that I will NEVER EVER complain about the price of a quilt again!! It's a pain!! I don't know how people find this calming and therapeutic??? I learned that I can't cut straight (even with a rotary cutter and ruler) and I can't sew straight. Sure you look at my strips laid out on my table waiting to be sewn together, it looks like it matches up...oh ho...but when you actually sew them together, you learn that some of them are wider than the rest and throw all your corners off! ARGH you shout (and the dog looks to see if you've finally lost it) I actually got farther than this last week. I started machine quilting it, but had to stop when I ran out of white thread. Sadly, I've been to Wal-Mart at least twice since last Wednesday, and haven't remembered to buy more thread. I will finish it in craft group this Wednesday and will publish the photos of the finished project. Needless to say, I ask that
you not look too closely, but treat it as abstract art. Now, that I've determined that I'm not doing this again, what am I going to do if I have a boy?? No worries, I'm sure I'll come up with something, and as I'm not pregnant yet, I still have time. Ü
Posted by Picasa

No comments: