Thursday, June 24, 2010

Taco Soup

We love taco soup! We eat it all the time. It's something we generally have everything on hand for it...however, I recently went to make it and I was out of beans!! BLASPHEMY! I quickly rememdied that, and here is the result!


I love how pretty it is and it's good for you! It's extremely versitile too. We once put less water in it and entered it for a chili cook-off. We won hottest chili which made us laugh b/c we were cooking for a venue with children, so we didn't make it as hot as we normally like it!

Taco Soup

2 cans kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
half a bag or so frozen corn
1 cup salsa of your choice (we like Pace Hot)
water to make it soupy

Heat to boiling. Turn down and simmer until ready to eat.

Possible Toppings:
shredded cheese (cheddar or mexi blend)
sour cream (we use fat free, I actually prefer the flavor)
black olives
crushed tortilla chips
chopped cilantro
jalapeƱo slices

Ok, so I've never actually tried the last 2 toppings, but it sounds good (well except for the cilantro, YUCK!) Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: